What a FITNESS FUN week we had during Camp Junior Muscles!!! Each day, the children would learn all about health, nutrition, and fitness! Some of the fun activities that were incorporated into our day were parachute fun, playing t-ball, soccer, badminton, golf, bowling, and even making fruit kabobs. We had a special dress-up day where we wore our favorite sports teams’ jerseys or shirts. We also had bike day and learned all about how to keep our body healthy, like drinking water, brushing our teeth, getting a good nights’ sleep, and foods that are nutritious.
Here are some fun ways to stay healthy and active at home with family:
- Move your body, even if it’s just for 15 minutes a day! Take a walk, bike/scooter ride, or kick the ball around in your backyard.
- Create obstacle courses or fun outdoor challenges and get your entire family involved!
- Plan your meals together and ahead of time. Planning ahead will help eliminate not having anything for meals and buying fast food instead.
- Cook together! If your children are involved, they will be more likely to try the meals/snacks when they are cooking too!
- Try a new food every day or week! Put new foods on a piece of paper and fold it up in a jar, have someone pick out a piece of paper, and try that food for that week.
- Get your water in! Find a fun way to get your water in with your family. Whether it’s a challenge or marking it off on a piece of paper.
- Freeze fruit in ice cubes and add it to your water, rather than grabbing that caffeinated soda, tea, or juice.
Create a schedule with your family and stick to it! Be sure to incorporate physical activities, getting your water in, trying new foods, and taking care of your body!
Come back next week as it will be our last camp week of June! Camp Waterworks!!!