Happy Friday! We are continuing our focus on the topics of Kindness and Gratitude! This week, we want to share with all of you some things you can do at home for yourself and your family.
Something we do every single day with the children before every snack and meal, we say our “Thank You’s”. We want to share with you and welcome you to do this at home with your family.
“Thank you for the sun, the trees, the mountains, and me. Thank you for the sun, the trees, the mountains, and me. Thank you for our food.”
Gratitude Conversation Starters:
- I’m grateful for the food we have. Talk about: What’s your favorite home-cooked meal? Ask and see if you can make it soon!
- I’m grateful for our family. Talk about: What’s one of your favorite memories of your family? Be sure to share your love today!
- I’m grateful for our home. Talk about: How long have you lived in your home? What’s your favorite room? Spend time there.
- I’m grateful for play. Talk about: What’s the best board game you’ve played? Bring it out on a free evening this week.
- I’m grateful for technology. Talk about: Talk about: What would life be like without computers? Email a faraway friend today to let them know you’re thinking of them.
- I’m grateful for books. Talk about: The best book you’ve read? If a book were written about you, what would the title be?
- I’m grateful for toys. Talk about: What toy means the most to you? What toy could you give to someone in need?
- I’m grateful for sports and exercise. Talk about: What’s your favorite way to get exercise? Do it today and be grateful for your health.
- I’m grateful for my senses. Talk about: If you have to give up one of your five senses, what would you choose? Do one activity today that uses that sense and be grateful you don’t have to give it up.
- I’m grateful for hugs. Talk about: When is your favorite time to receive a hug? Hug a family member extra long today.
Gratitude Color Game:
Feeling Your Feelings:
Be sure to come back every week for more information on Kindness and Gratitude as well as tips, activities, art, and more!!!!