We are continuing to focus on having a Growth Mindset versus a Fixed Mindset (as well as Stress and Worry) this month!
Here at BBCLC, we use an app for families to see their child’s day. It informs you of what is planned for the day, like the topic in Morning Meeting as well as planned centers, Art, and Activities, what Special we have for the day, if they were able to get their outside time (weather permitting), what they ate, diaper changing/potty time, etc. We also send pictures throughout the day, like these pictures below!
As a parent, I know this is super reassuring to see your child HAPPY and ENGAGED as well as LEARNING and SOCIALIZING, but this is also super helpful for you at home. You can ask your child questions about their day and give them helpful reminders referring to the app.
Growth Mindset Questions that you can ask your child at the dinner table (or any time):
- What was the most difficult thing you did today? Why was it so hard?
- Did you have to think hard about anything today? What was it?
- Was there a moment today when you tried hard?
- Did you try anything completely new today?
- Did you feel frustrated (or stuck) today? Why?
- Did you feel scared/disappointed/angry about anything today? Why?
- What were the kindest words someone said to you today? How did you respond?
- What were the kindest words YOU said to someone today?
- Did you make any mistakes today? What were they and what did you learn?
- Will you do anything differently tomorrow? What and how?
- What do you worry about most every day? What would help you worry less?
- Is there something you would like to be better at? What could you do to make that happen?
Just remember to be supportive and encouraging when responding! 😊
Be sure to come back next week as we continue to discuss these topics!