At Bright Beginning we believe that there is no better time to start learning a second language that right now. Research shows that brain and language development are ripest during the beginning years of life. If you introduce your child to a 2nd language now you will be giving your child a tremendous advantage in learning and life! Being exposes to a 2nd language early in life builds a foundation for success that extends way beyond just being exposed to another language. It is amazing the way a young child can absorb various information.
Research indicates that from as early as age one is the best time to introduce a new language to a child. If the 2nd language is introduced early in life children will learn it faster and retain it longer. Being exposed to a 2nd language offers numerous benefits to young children including:
- Improved ability to communicate
- Better cognitive development
- Richer cultural awareness
- Improved academic performance
- Superior educational opportunities
The earlier a child is exposed to a 2nd language the more likely they will speak it with native pronunciation. One recent study found that bilingual children learn to read sooner than their single language counterparts; they have increased creative skills and become proficient problem solvers. Another study indicated that bilingual children also performed better on math and verbal sections of standardized test than single language children.
- Over 27 million homes in the United States have Spanish as their 1st language.
- There are over 42 million Hispanic people living in the United States.
- Learning Spanish allows communication with over 300 million people worldwide.
- Spanish is closely related to the English language and is relatively easy to learn.
Bright Beginning provides one 30 minute Spanish class weekly along with Spanish being incorporated in our daily classroom activities.
Venga aprenda con nosotros!