Arghhhh matey’s (as well as princesses)! You guessed it…this week was Camp Pirates and Princesses!!! This is ALWAYS such a fun week as we “Walk the Plank” (obstacle course), find buried treasure, sailed ships, played in the water during Water day, balanced books on our heads, wore tiaras & wands, and made fun festive Art to go along with the Camp theme.
We ended the week with a Dress Like a Pirate or Princess day!
Be sure to keep an eye out on our public page to vote for the dress-up contest with the teachers! (Children LOVE when grownups dress up and participate in the fun activities too!)
Some fun PIRATE AND PRINCESS activities you can do at home with your children:
1. Go on a Pirate/Scavenger Hunt for Buried Treasure (recognizing letters, numbers, or shapes)
2. Create Pirate Discovery Bottles (add craft sand, glitter, beads, gold sequins, shells, and jewels)
3. Parrot Art (cups, feathers, google eyes, and glue)
4. Treasure Hunt Sensory Bin with Kinetic Sand
5. Make your own Pirate Playdough (Flour, salt, olive oil, cream of tartar, water, yellow food coloring, and gold glitter)
6. Fizzing Fairy Potions (Baking soda, vinegar, dish soap, food coloring, and glitter)
7. Princess Popcorn (popcorn, melting white chocolate, food coloring, and nonpareil sprinkles)
8. Ice Castle Excavation (sandcastle bucket, jewels, beads, rings, water, and salt)
9. Pirate or Princess Memory Game
Do you “DIG” Dinosaurs or are you “MAD” about Science? Be sure to come back as we have Camp Land of the Lost and Camp Mad Science for the remainder of July!!!