We are one week into our new school year and it was a SUCCESS!!! The teachers and children have gotten settled into their classrooms and getting comfortable with the routine of the day as well. We took this first week to get adjusted, meet new friends, learn the rules and routine as well as HAVE FUN and LEARN!
The children learned how to play with friends on the playground as well as explore and learn how to climb on the equipment safely.
We also learned how to line up when it’s time to start our day in the morning as well as coming in in the afternoon.
The children are learning how to sign in every single day in their classroom, whether that’s finding their name or learning to write their name.
We are learning how to sit in circle for our meetings!
Also, we are learning how to sit at the table with friends for snack and meals.
And, we are learning how to play, complete fun projects and have fun while being safe!
As we go into our second week of the new school year, here are a few friendly reminders to help ease the transition from home to school!
Please arrive NO LATER THAN 9:15am as this sets your child up for success every single day as well as helps eliminate any disruptions or distractions for others during Morning Meeting. Arriving by 9:15am gives them the opportunity to run around the playground, get some extra hugs from their teachers, and some time with their friends before we start our day. As you may know, jumping right into the day can be hard and a few extra minutes to get ourselves together and ready for the day can really eliminate hard days.
We always want to provide a quick and easy drop off and pick up for the family and especially your child! 1. During the hours of 6:30-8:30am, please pull into an assigned parking space and a staff member will meet parents at your car and walk your child into the building. Please make sure all items (nap bag, lunch bag, water bottle, etc.) are ready to go! 2. During the hours of 8:30-9:15am, you can walk your child to their classroom/playground, put their items in their cubby and/or hang items up after putting cold items (labeled with their name) in the classroom refrigerator and have your child was their hands.
For the Afternoon Pick up and during the hours of 3:00-4:30pm, you can pick your child up from the classroom/playground and grab their items from their cubby. 2. During the hours of 4:30-6:30pm, please pull into the assigned parking space and a staff member will meet you at your car with your child and their items.
*As always, our number one priority will ALWAYS be the safety of the children and want our new drop off and pick up policy to be as efficient and safe as possible for ALL children, families, and staff. Please be patient with our teachers and Admin. As we continue to navigate these new options.
**When dropping off and picking up, please always make sure you are checking your child IN and OUT daily. If your child will be late or not attending on their scheduled day, please inform the staff.
Here are a few other friendly reminders:
- LABEL, LABEL, LABEL! Please make sure to LABEL all items as things sometimes do get misplaced. Also, multiple children may have the same item and this can cause confusion. Be sure to check out our Mabel’s Label fundraiser for stylish, washable sticker labels!!!!
- Nap items MUST fit inside a backpack/reusable bag. We suggest a fitted crib sheet, blanket, travel size pillow and optional plush animal or an all-in-one mat.
- Any cold items in your child’s lunch must have their name on it as it will go into the classroom refrigerator until lunchtime. We suggest a thermos for any warm items as we are unable to heat up at any time.
- We strongly suggest a hydro flask type water bottle with a locking lid as this will keep the water cold and drinking spout covered. The teachers will refill, as needed.
- Please make sure your child has TWO extra sets of weather appropriate clothing AT ALL TIMES as accidents do happen.
- Be sure to check the weather every morning as we do go outside THREE times a day weather permitting!
- Make sure to read all emails from your site Director as well as teachers and be sure to check out messages and daily reports from HiMama and our monthly newsletter. We have LOTS going on and we do not want your child to miss out!
Lastly, we will continue to send out important information, tips/suggestions, activities, and Art that you can do at home, so be sure to check out our WEEKLY blogs!!!!