This week, we learned all about “Our Community” and the different types of community helpers, like police officers, doctors, nurses, mail carriers, teachers and more!
We have Ms. Sophia, the owner of Naptown Sings and Plays! come to our centers for music class! Boy, did the children and teachers have so much fun!!! Be sure to check out their website for more information!
We also had our first Bike Day of the Season!
We encourage you at home to review with your child on ways you can help your community as well las being safe in your community.
8 Ways for Kids to Give Back to Their Community:
- Donate old clothes
- Plant a tree
- Donate unwanted/unused toys
- Donate books to local hospitals or preschools
- Start recycling
- Send out homemade Thank You cards to your local fire department or police station
- Do chores or yard work for your elderly neighbor (rake leaves, sweep or shovel the sidewalk)
- Be a buddy to a new friend at school
As we move right into October, here’s what’s happening!
- Rhyming, Sounds and Letter Recognition
- Seasons Change, Opposites and Fire Safety
- Day & Night and Similar & Different
- Let’s Build and Manners & Routines
- Tricks & Treats
It’s so important to stay up to date on what your child is learning! This way, you can review at home as well as ask questions. “I see you’re learning about Letter “Mm”, what animal starts with “Mm”? “You’re learning about Seasons Changing, what season are we in right now?” “Day & Night is a cool topic, what animals come out at night?”
The children work so hard on what they are learning, doing and creating. And, they LOVE when you acknowledge their work. “Tell me about the artwork you created!” “You should be proud of your beautiful picture!” “I love hearing about your day and what you learned!”
Other upcoming events and special days in October:
- Positive Education Focus
- Specials (Yoga & Mindfulness, Fitness Fun, Spanish, Author of the Month)
- Festive Themed Cooking
- Pumpkin Fun Day
- Fire Safety
Lastly, we will be having our Annual Book Fair & Fundraiser on Saturday, 10/7 from 10-2pm at the Collective (2158 Renard Court in Annapolis)! There will be LOTS of preschool books to choose from as well as face painting, arts & crafts, bake sale, used book sale, vendors and more!!!
If you are interested in being a vendor, adding your marketing material or donating to the bake sale and used book sale, please click on the link below for more information and how to sign up!!!
We hope to see you there! 😊