We are off to a great 2023 summer, but it is definitely flying by!!! In June, we WELCOMED SUMMER FUN by having fun themed days, like Pajama Day, Wacky Wednesday, Water Day and more!!! We then MERRY-GO-ROUND into Camp Carnival with themed outdoor stations, face painting, parachute play, snowballs, cotton candy and much, much more! As we moved into the second half of June, we PUMPED OUR MUSCLES for Camp Junior Muscles where we learned all about healthy habits and movement! The children helped make Friendship fruit salad and yummy smoothies, we had field day with Jumpbunch, we represented our favorite sports team by wearing a shirt or jersey, bike day and we continued our themed Outdoor Stations. We wrapped up the month with ALL THINGS WATER!!! The weather didn’t cooperate so much, but we still had fun with lots of water activities inside, like water sensory bin, water & ice experiments, and sooo much more!
Some friendly reminders during the HOT summer!
- BBCLC is keeping the playground free from mosquitos every summer by participating in monthly mosquito spray to control the mosquito population and larva. For added protection, feel free to spray your child with bug spray before arriving in the morning.
- When you’re outside for some time, be sure to take time in the shade to get some rest. Be sure to check the weather before heading outside as there may be a heat advisory.
- Dressing appropriately is so important to stay safe from the sun and cool on hot days! For safety on the playground, we strongly encourage sneakers/tennis shoes; however, your child is welcome to wear sandals with back straps on them. For any child wearing a dress, they must have shorts underneath. Your child may bring a hat to wear, just be sure to label it with their name. Be mindful of what you dress your child in as we go outside three times a day, weather permitting. We encourage light-colored cotton attire (this includes dress-up days as well).
- Water is the best and most effective way to stay hydrated on a hot summer day. Avoid caffeinated drinks like soda and tea or sugary juices on hot days. When dropping your child off at the center, be sure to have their water bottled filled with cold water and we will replenish it at the center, as needed. Be sure to incorporate water breaks with your children and family when outside like we do at BBCLC.
- Snack ideas on hot days: popsicles, smoothies, fresh fruits (for example: watermelon, strawberries, blueberries, bananas, grapes- you can even freeze these fruits), fresh vegetables with hummus, guacamoles and crackers, lettuce wraps, and turkey roll-ups.
Beating the heat by staying cool and wet- incorporate water sensory bins/tables, water balloons, sprinklers, and water painting at home like we do at school on our water days. *Always have an adult present when children are playing in water.
As we move into July, it’s Camp Across America, so stay tuned for ALL THE FUN WE ARE HAVING THIS WEEK!!!